Sabalcore HPC On-Demand
Flexible and Powerful
Sabalcore’s HPC On-Demand service puts high performance computational power at your command. Use our services to manage quick turn-around jobs, handle out-of-the-ordinary computational projects and gain a strategic resource.
Sabalcore is designed for Engineers, Scientists, and Researchers. Many workflows require GUI elements for data processing and visualization. Sabalcore’s ssClient puts HPC in your hands by providing users with the flexibility of CLI, graphical desktop access, and point-and-click file transfer.
Secure Access, Visualization, and Persistent Sessions
Interfacing with the Sabalcore HPC service is done through a full-featured client which runs independent of the browser. This provides a better, more efficient, user experience and streamlines work-flows. Remote desktop, command line terminal, and file transfer tools work independently and with better performance than a browser.
- High performance visualization powered by NVIDIA Quadro™ professional graphics cards
- Workflow – file transfer, scripting, storage, pre and post processing all in the Sabalcore cloud platform
- Native file browsing allows you to mange data seamlessly between your PC and the Sabalcore cloud
- Submit and monitor jobs in real-time
- Hundreds of preinstalled software packages and libraries. Find the the complete list here.
- Collaborative: Share screens and data with co-workers. Consolidate teams separated geographically
Persistent sessions allow you to interact instantly with service. Sessions are continuous and can be picked-up instantly after logging back in. Consolidate teams separated geographically. Open sessions from different PCs.
Built-in File transfer tools allow you to securely transfer your files to/from the service quickly and easily. Works like a native file browser. Our proprietary accelerated transfer allows GBs of data to be transferred Sabalcore to anywhere on the globe fast! Save valuable time.
Sabalcore’s job scheduling and queuing allows you to schedule tasks, assign job dependencies, run design of experiments (DOE), and other complex workflows. Setup and manage automated and conditional work-flows. Receive job status notifications by email or text message.
We’ve included custom application launchers for our most popular software applications. These launchers allow users to quickly configure job parameters including quantity and type of processors, RAM, input data, and more. Simply configure and “click and go”. Full scripting (bash, python, pearl, etc) is also supported.
Stay up to date on job status, account balance, and account history. Manage your accounting by project, customer, job set, and more. Generate custom reports by user defined parameters. Easily email the reports to anyone in your organization.
|Complex scientific visualization and a workstation experience in the cloud is important for our customers. NVIDIA Quadro GPUs helps us provide that. – John Van Workum, Sabalcore CTO|
High Performance Computing Network and Storage
Efficient high-performance computing systems require high-bandwidth, low-latency connections, both between multi-processor nodes and to high-speed parallel storage systems. Sabalcore compute clusters and storage systems employ direct-attached Mellanox® Infinband networks for ultra low latency, high-bandwidth, high message rate, and transport offload for reliable data communication between compute nodes and storage servers. Because the network is “direct-attached” your stored data is instantly accessible to all compute system. No data staging.
High Performance Computing with Bare-Metal Processors
Choose the compute resources you need from purpose-built, “bare-metal”, high performance computing systems. Our systems use only physical “bare-metal” cores for optimal performance. This is a significant distinction between Sabalcore and commodity clouds who “virtual” cores. “bare-metal” is always faster than virtual.
Fully Managed Environment
Our service includes a fully managed compute environment. We have over 250 pre-installed and optimized software packages and libraries ready to use. We take care of everything so you can focus on the work at hand. If your software is not on the list, we will install it for you. For those power-user customers who wish to compile their own codes, a complete suite of updated open-source software libraries and compilers are available. Contact us for more details.
Complete confidentiality – we own and manage our servers and networks. Your application and its data lives securely in our facility. You know exactly where and who manages your data.
It is important to know where and who is responsible for your data. Unlike some HPC services which are built upon virtual cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or even university computing centers, Sabalcore owns all servers and networks so you know exactly where and who manages your data.
Security is our priority. We’ve taken numerous important steps to insure your data is protected. Here is an overview of some of our security policies and standards.
- Multiple Authentication Options – Our login client supports Single Sign On (SSO), Public-Private key pair, and dual factor authentication
- Encryption – all data at transfer is encrypted with 256-bit AES. Data encryption tools provide users the ability manage their own encryption keys and encryption policies without having to settle for system managed encryption keys.
- Data Center Security – Sabalcore operates in a SSAE-16 SOC 2 Type 1 Certified, ISAE 3402, HIPAA, and PCI compliant data center.
- Single Origin – Sabalcore owns and operates all servers, networks, compute nodes, and storage systems. Only authorized Sabalcore employees have access to these systems.
- Pre-screened accounts and active monitoring of suspicious activity
- Strict internal security policies required for NIST SP 800-171, ITAR, and other standards
- Sabalcore is ITAR compliant and registered with the U.S. Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)
Sabalcore HPC On-Demand Advantages