Designed for the User
Built from the ground up, Sabalcore’s High Performance Computing (HPC) in the cloud solutions are designed for the engineer and scientist. Three principles guide our design – First, a superb computing environment with reliable, fast, and consistent performance. Second, the user deserves an intuitive interface which make using the service efficient easy to use. Third, support should be included as well as a secure fully managed environment so the user can focus on the work at hand.
- Single origin – Sabalcore owns and operates all HPC systems and networks
- A browser-independent interface brings Sabalcore’s performance and efficiency directly to your desktop PC
- Over 250 integrated simulation applications and libraries pre-installed and ready to use
- Purpose-built HPC systems – bare-metal CPUs deliver the best performance
- High performance network and storage system
- Fully managed environment. We take care of everything so you can focus on the work at hand
- Security is our top priority
It is important to know where and who is responsible for your data. Unlike some HPC services which are built upon virtual cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or even university computing centers, Sabalcore owns all servers and networks so you know exactly where and who manages your data.
Native Client for Secure Access, Visualization, and Persistent sessions
Interfacing with the Sabalcore HPC service is done through a full-featured client which runs independent of the browser. This provides a better, more efficient, user experience and streamlines work-flows. Remote desktop, command line terminal, and file transfer tools work independently and with better performance than a browser.
Persistent sessions allow you to interact instantly with service. Work sessions are continuous and can be picked-up instantly after logging back in. All this is free and included in our ssClient.
High Performance Network and Storage
Efficient high-performance computing systems require high-bandwidth, low-latency connections, both between multi-processor nodes and to high-speed parallel storage systems. Sabalcore compute clusters and storage systems employ direct-attached Mellanox® Infinband networks for ultra low latency, high-bandwidth, high message rate, and transport offload for reliable data communication between compute nodes and storage servers. Because the network is “direct-attached” your stored data is instantly accessible to all compute system. No data staging.
Our systems use only physical “bare-metal” cores. This is a significant distinction between Sabalcore and other competitors. Other competitors use “logical” cores. When running more than one task, logical cores are the least efficient choice. Our compute nodes do not have “logical” processor settings enabled which insures a physical core is dedicated to your process and nobody else’s.
Fully Managed Environment
Our service includes a fully managed compute environment. We have over 250 pre-installed and optimized software packages and libraries. We take care of everything so you can focus on the work at hand. If your software is not on the list, we will install it for you. For those power-user customers who wish to compile their own codes, a complete suite of updated open-source software libraries and compilers are available. Contact us for more details.
Above all, security is our priority. We’ve taken a number of important steps to insure your data is protected. Here is an overview of some of our security policies and standards.
- Multiple Authentication Options – Our login client supports Single Sign On (SSO), Public-Private key pair, dual factor authentication, and Cryptocard
- Encryption – all data at transfer is encrypted with 256-bit AES. Data encryption tools provide users the ability manage their own encryption keys and encryption policies without having to settle for system managed encryption keys
- Data Center Security – Sabalcore operates in a SSAE-16 SOC 2 Type 1 Certified, ISAE 3402, HIPAA, and PCI compliant data center.
- Single Origin – Sabalcore owns and operates all servers, networks, compute nodes, and storage systems. Only authorized Sabalcore employees have access to these systems.
- Pre-screened accounts and active monitoring of suspicious activity
- Strict internal security policies required for NIST SP 800-171, ITAR, and other security requirements
- Sabalcore is ITAR compliant and registered with the U.S. Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)